Today I celebrate the honor of being Mrs. Dorr for 10 YEARS! I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking back on this day 10 years ago! So much excitement, anticipation and questions…yes, I had questions! What is life going to be like? Will we always laugh and play together? Will he understand me? Will I understand him? What will life be like in 5 years? How many kids will we have? And on they went…
We got married on Friday, July 8, 2005 in upstate New York, left for our two week honeymoon on Sunday, returned from our honeymoon, and then drove to Virginia to start our life together as Mr. & Mrs! It was a whirlwind, but I didn’t even care…I was married to my best friend and I was (and still am!!) head over heels in love! I couldn’t wait for our life together to begin!
I knew married life wouldn’t be perfect. I mean, how could it be? Two imperfect people coming together invites ups and downs no matter how much you love each other. We’ve lived in 4 homes, have had 6 jobs (between the two of us) and 2 kids! We are so so blessed in our marriage, but we’ve definitely struggled- miscarriages, and big moves have added stress and valleys to our journey together. Anyone who knows us knows that we can argue, banter, and disagree, but they also know that we know how to love each other fiercely, laugh together until we cry, and dance and sing in our living room like it’s our job!! And I LOVE that about us! Laughter is a must!
As promised, here is my top 10 list of FAVORITES about John! (In no particular order)
10. He’s a hard worker and nothing of what he has/or has done has been handed to him.
9. He’s inventive and thinks of alternative ways to do things.
8. He loves Lucy and Avery exactly how they need to be loved; he’s silly with them, gentle with them and someone they absolutely adore!
7. He is trustworthy and honest.
6. He is a good friend. He cares about the people in his life and is willing to help his friends at the drop of a hat.
5. He is an incredible provider. Not only does he provide for our family, but he also saves, plans and looks after our family income.
4. He is hysterical! Even when he’s just doing everyday tasks, he finds a way to make me smile and laugh.
3. He is smokin’ hot! He was 24 when we got married and he has aged well! Is it possible for me to think he’s hotter now than when we said ‘I do’? Well- it’s true…hottie mchottie.
2. He loves me for me. There’s a lot about me that is blah, but he loves me through it.
1. He loves Jesus and it shows is passionate about growing deeper in his relationship with Him.
Here’s to you, John Dorr! It’s been an amazing 10 years, and guess what…it’s only the beginning!